Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Feels Like Home

We went to visit my Mom over Easter weekend. Bless her heart--she was sickish the entire weekend, and we didn't even get to go to church (boo! I bought my first Easter dress in YEARS and didn't get to wear it!).

But it was so glorious to be in Florida in March. The weather was PARFAIT (as my husband would say) and we had such a great time hanging out outdoors and soaking up the sun. Lucy was in HEAVEN on those 40+ acres that I've always called home. She ran and sniffed and ran and sniffed some more. Barry and I laid in the swing my Dad put up years ago and got a little pink-skinned from too much sun. It was, in a word, HOME. And I loved it.

We slept late and ate the blueberry muffins out of a box from my childhood (hey, my Mom didn't cook EVERYTHING from scratch). We met my extended family at the lake for hot dogs and hamburgers--aunts, uncles, cousins, I love them every one. And, best of all, we spent some precious quality time with my awesome Mom.

I wish we could get there more often.















































































3 comments:

Ryan and Michelle said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your trip home. It looks so peaceful...I love all your pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! You said it best. You know, I didn't grow up down there, but, everytime I visit Baker, it feels like my home as well!! There is just something about a close-nit family like yours that welcomes everyone as their own!!!

EmmyJMommy said...

I want to see you, Barry, & your mom so much!!! I miss you and love you dearly!