Friday, June 4, 2010

The Happiness Project

I was inspired by an old high school classmate to run out and pick up the book The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I should point out that I am NOT normally a fan of self-help books at all, but given that many reviewers classified this more as a memoir I decided to give it a try. There is no genre I love more than a good biography or memoir.

So far, it's a hit. This woman could not be more like me if she tried. We have a lot of the same personality traits and characteristics, including the ugly ones. I think there was a bit of Providence in my deciding to read this book, and hopefully there is something for me to learn in those pages.

Two of my favorite sayings about happiness:

"If you really want to be happy, no one can stop you."

"The days are long, but the years are short."

Note: I have tried to attribute these two quotes, but can't seem to find their source. Anyone have a clue?

No comments: